Cloud9 instance for pair programming community meeting this Wednesday

Cloud9 instance for pair programming community meeting this Wednesday

Harnum, Alan
Hi all,

Michelle and I are holding Part 2 of our pair programming community meeting this week and at Justin's suggestion I've set up a free-tier Cloud9 (https://c9.io) instance hosting the mapping application we worked on last time.

Cloud9 is a hosted development environment that includes a VM console and IDE directly in the browser, and allows multiple people to work within the console/editor at the same time. This will make it easier for those who are remote to observe / join in, should they wish.

Since it requires a little bit of prep (you need a Cloud9 account) I'm sending out this email now so those who want to join in can be prepared.

Preparing to Join In
  1. Create a free-tier account at https://c9.io (this requires a credit card even at free tier, a la AWS).
  2. Send me your Cloud9 username and I'll add you as a read-write access project collaborator.
  3. Log in to the IDE at https://ide.c9.io/waharnum/pair-programming-workshop come meeting time and fight with me for control of the keyboard!
Observing

https://pair-programming-workshop-waharnum.c9users.io/ will be the URL of the mapping application when it's running during the workshop (it should auto-reload in your browser as we work on it).

Let me know if you have any questions! I think this should be an interesting experiment & make Part 2 more fun for those who are joining remotely.

ALAN HARNUM
SENIOR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE, OCAD UNIVERSITY

OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada, M5T 1W1
www.ocadu.ca